Lay Out Joists And Hangar Board Positions
Clamp three 8-ft. 2x4s together, edges up and ends flush. Starting from your left, measure and strike lines at 23-1/4 in., 47-1/4 in., and 71-1/4 in. Make an X to the right of each line with Carpenter Pencil. On two of those boards, extend the lines and Xs onto the face label these boards as the ledger and the front joists. Extend the lines to the other face of the front joist. Label the third board as the ceiling cleat.
Install The Outside Frame
- Install the side beams to the vertical posts. To install the beams, position them on the inner part of the vertical posts. The small lip of the beam should be on top.
- Next, have your helper hold the already installed rivets in place. Use the rubber mallet to insert the opposite beam rivets into the lower part of the teardrop slots.
- Align the 45-degree angle end of the small lip on the C-Channel Beam to the side beams angle. Install the C-Channel beam. Continue this process until each of the C-Channel Beams are in place.
- If the vertical posts are not fully upright, the rivets on the C-Channel Beams will not install properly. Hence, you will need to adjust the placements of the ceiling brackets or the vertical posts. Adjust them until they are properly aligned.
Up And Out Of The Way
- Unmatched WarrantyOur racks are backed by a lifetime warranty
- Color OptionsRacks available in Granite Grey, Desert Stone, and White
- CustomizableRacks can be combined for greater storage capacity
- Professional InstallInstalled by our authorized dealers to ensure the best overhead garage storage solution
Read Also: Garage Shelving At Home Depot
Motorized Garage Storage Hoist
Overhead garage storage is very practical but lifting all those heavy items up there on the racks in the first place may not be something you can do. The motorized platform lift does all the heavy lifting for you so you dont have to worry about a thing.
You can control it with an app on your smartphone.
Is Diy A Good Idea
There are many reasons to consider do-it-yourself garage storage projects. For one, they can save you money. Many homeowners are able to complete these projects for a fraction of the cost of hiring a professional. Additionally, DIY projects can be completed at your own pace and on your own schedule. This can be a great option if you’re short on time or budget. Finally, many people find satisfaction in completing a project themselves and enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes with it.
Overhead racks are a great DIY garage storage solution when you need to free up space in your garage. Your storage options are basically unlimited with overhead storage systems. They’re the perfect storage idea for increasing your garage’s storage capacity.
When you don’t have much storage space, look to DIY garage overhead storage, USA Overhead Racks have the garage shelves you need to build for maximum storage use.
If you’re looking for a way to organize your garage and eliminate all the clutter, consider installing a customized garage storage wall. With USA Overhead Racks, you can choose from a variety of styles and sizes to create the perfect storage solution for your space. Our team of experts can help you design a system that will help you get your garage in order. Contact us today to learn more!
Recommended Reading: Garage Door Wall Button Flashing
Discover Your Ideal Garage Storage Solution
The Smart Racks team understands that no two families have the same storage needs. No matter what your preferences and space requirements look like, we have the perfect solution for you. Our overhead garage storage systems are completely customizable to fit the width, length, and depth of the overhead space you have available. With one-rack, two-rack, and three-rack storage systems available, you can create a functional system that maximizes your storage and provides convenient access to your items.
The Best Choice For Garage Organization
Not all garage storage systems are the same, and when you want a DIY garage storage option, we’ve got you covered. Overhead garage storage racks are attractive and functional and offer a different type of storage space that will keep your garage organized. It’s also a great way to free up space inside your home and is an excellent alternative to a messy attic or basement. If you store items that you don’t use often or seasonally or keep a lot of things that you use less frequently, then an overhead garage storage rack is a convenient way of organizing them.
Recommended Reading: Old Craftsman Garage Door Opener
Other Overhead Storage Rack Installation Notes
- We do not recommend you attempt this project if you are not comfortable working on a ladder and finding wall studs and ceiling joists. It is crucial that all mounting points have a secure, proper connection to wood structure which can support it.
- Every situation is unique, our installation instructions do not overtake common sense and good judgment when installing and loading your Overhead Rack. If you ever find yourself in a confusing spot take some photos and contact customer service.
- In no way ever should a rack be mounted with any type of drywall screw/anchor. All connection points must be made into secure wood structure framing.
- This product is intended to be installed into a wood framed residential home. If your home is made of block, concrete or steel stop immediately and contact customer service.
- Load heavier objects against wall mounted sides to transfer weight away from the ceiling and evenly distribute weight throughout the rack.
- Most building codes require 24 spacing minimum between ceiling joists. We package a 26 bracket for all ceiling mounting points. If you have a unique situation where spacing is greater than 26 contact customer service. We can ship a larger ceiling bracket to accommodate any situation.
It is up to you the homeowner/installer to determine the structure of the home is sound and can support the weight of the ceiling rack and the items being loaded onto the rack. Hanging Hooks
Locate The Exact Spot For Your Installation
Select the exact location where you want the overhead rack to be installed.
When selecting your location, be sure to take into consideration any objects that the overhead rack may obstruct. For instance, will the rack hinder the garage door operation? This will not only help you determine the perfect spot for the unit but also its hanging height.
Recommended Reading: Chamberlain Garage Door Remote Opener
Is Overhead Garage Storage Safe
Garage ceiling storage racks are safe, but you should always be cautious of electrical issues.
Never use nails or screws that penetrate the rack or hooks when installing overhead racks.
Install heavy-duty steel brackets every two feet. For maximum safety, store heavy items on the rack instead of in the ceiling.
Use the appropriate assembly material for the overhead rack. The material determines the strength of the installation.
Wear goggles to protect your eyes during rack installation. Debris falling from overhead is a common cause of eye injuries.
Keep assembly materials away from children and pets.
Never work above your head.
ACSR Garage storage racks are more secure and safer than other garage storage solutions. Our overhead storage racks are bolted to the ceiling and, in an ideal installation, the wall, so they don’t touch the ground. This means they can support a significant amount of weight, making them highly secure, and they won’t get in the way of your garage door opening or closing.
Before installing any overhead storage rack, ensure no cables are running across the floor, as this can be dangerous. You should also check that no pipes or wires are running directly above, as these could damage the racks.
Can You Insulate A Garage Without Drywall
If youre redoing your detached garage, drywall may not be the best choice for the walls. There are a variety of alternatives that can make your garage space more practical.
If you plan to convert it into a living space, insulating the walls, ceiling, and floor with foam panels will help make it cozy and comfortable.
Don’t Miss: Toy Hauler With 22 Foot Garage
Smart Racks Provides Overhead Garage Storage Solutions
Smart Racks is proud to be Orlandos go-to overhead garage storage company with customizable solutions. For over five years, we have provided our customers with the storage racks, delivery services, and support they need to reorganize their garages. Optimizing and making the most out of small spaces is truly our bread and butter. We are passionate about helping our customers transform their homes, and we cant wait to help you do the same. If youre ready to put an end to that overwhelming pile of items collecting dust in your garage, were the ones to call. Get in touch with our team today to discover how our storage solutions can work for you.
Our Products Are Made In The Usa
If youre concerned about product quality, you can relax knowing Smart Racks products are made in the USA. Our racks use thick, high-grade, 13-gauge steel in their construction to ensure every overhead garage storage racks integrity. Other products dont have the same durability or quality because they use thinner 14-gauge steel. We ensure durability with strong, galvanized, foot-foot by eight-foot natural silver color racks, each including six dropdown supports. Youll find one support in each corner and two in the middle. We include durable hardware and industrial-strength lock nuts to provide the best possible support. And unlike other products you find on the market, you can customize our racks length, width, and height to match your garages unique dimensions.
Don’t Miss: Griot’s Garage 6 Random Orbital Polisher Kit
Garage Overhead Storage Solutions
Built Of Strong Durable Metal: Steel frames will last a lifetime and protect your things.
Cost Effective: Our overhead garage storage is cheaper and better made than many other systems available.
Easy To Put Up: Our overhead racks attach easily and safely to overhead beams.
Not Only For The Garage: Whether you are planning on using your garage for an extra room, a workspace, or simply to park the family vehicle, weve got the ultimate storage solution for you!
Well take your garage to the next level. Give us a call today for the strongest overhead garage storage Nashville has to offer.
It’s your life.
Attach The Ceiling Brackets
- First locate the joists on both sides of where the first post will be installed. This can be done using the stud locator.
- Use the pencil or pen to mark the outside and the middle of each joist. You can use a tiny nail to make small punctures along your guidelines to ensure they are correct. To fit the screws, you may also have to install another piece of wood in the ceiling .
- Create a 3 long pilot hole in the exact middle of each marked location. This can be done using the drill and a 316 bit.
- Place a washer under the head of a 3 lag screw. Next, insert the screw through the ceiling bracket and into the pilot hole. Repeat this process until all of the lag screws are installed.
- With the first ceiling bracket in place, next take the measurements for the remainder of the ceiling brackets. This can be done in various ways.
Read Also: Garage Door Companies In My Area
Affordable Ceiling Storages Racks Is Expanding
Affordable Ceiling Storage Racks founded a new company, USA Overhead Racks, in 2022. After receiving so many inquiries from previous customers and new clients from outside our service area, we decided to create this new sister company to pack and ship our same products nationwide. We hand-pack every order in Arizona and still offer custom overhead rack sizes in 1″ increments. All of our racks are made with the same heavy-duty steel, and we use our unique mounting style to provide the best racks on the market! Help support our family business and team members by ordering with us instead of the overseas manufacturers.
Benefits of our do-it-yourself products:
Custom sizes in 1″ increments
Real-person customer service
Steel powder-coated decking or use your own plywood floor for cost savings
Mount-to-wall installation for the strongest and most stable racks on the market
Support USA family business
Garage ceiling storage racks are a cost-effective way to store rarely used items safely and easily. So if you need a place to store bulk items, tools, sporting equipment, fitness gear, or camping equipment, overhead racks are ideal for garage storage.
Attach The Deck Hooks Rail Hooks And/or Utility Hooks
Some kits may also include deck hooks, rail hooks, and/or utility hooks. These attachments enable you to hang various other items from different areas of the rack.
The deck hook is designed to hold items throughout the center of the rack. It easily installs on the rack by snapping the flat top over a pair of wires. The rail hook resembles the deck hook, and it is installed around the edge of the rack to hang items.
Lastly, the utility hook allows you to hang very long items on the rack. It attaches to the vertical posts using washers, locking nuts, and bolts.
You May Like: Craftsman Garage Door Opener Wont Close
Are There Different Types Of Overhead Racks
There are many different types of overhead garage storage systems on the market today. You can choose from overhead racks, shelving units, cabinets, and more. Each option has its own set of benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to choose the one that best suits your needs. Overhead racks are a great option if you need to maximize space, as they allow you to store items out of the way and out of sight. Shelving units are perfect for storing smaller items or items that you need to access frequently. Overhead racks are a good choice if you have a lot of heavy or bulky items to store.
Where To Buy Overhead Garage Storage
- Free quotes. A company that will gladly provide you with free quotes has nothing to hide, so this increases its trustworthiness.
- Flat rates. Another indicator of a reliable company is its transparency. Go with a provider who offers flat fees for their services and is upfront about their overhead garage storage installation costs.
- Same-day installation. You dont want to waste your days waiting for installers to stop by when you can take your kids to SeaWorld San Diego. So, hire a company that can install your overhead system quickly and efficiently.
Read Also: Townhomes With Garages For Rent
Contact Usa Overhead Racks Today
If you’re looking for a DIY storage system to help create space in your garage, then look no further than USA Overhead Racks. We can help you come up with a variety of overhead garage storage solutions, so contact us today!
We also offer discount pricing for retailers and contractors who want to make bulk purchases for resale. Franchise opportunities are also available in specific markets. Contact us Today at USAOverheadRacks.com.
Contact Us Today To Start Your Storage Project
Smart Racks is ready to help you safely store your treasured possessions with customizable garage storage racks and innovative storage ideas. Let us work with your unique space and storage needs to create garage storage solutions tailored to you. Contact us today to learn more about our storage racks and schedule an installation at your property.
Read Also: Installing 240v Outlet In Garage
Schedule Your Overhead Garage Storage Estimate Today
If youre ready to organize your garage, its time to call in the professionals at Hello Garage of Napa Valley! Our overhead garage storage solutions are stronger and more durable than the overhead storage units youll find at a big-box store. Better yet, theyre professionally installed. All you have to do is relax while our Dream Team does all the prep work, measuring and heavy lifting!
Ready to get started? Contact us at 1-844-670-0344 or click below to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation and estimate today! We proudly serve Napa, Vacaville, Davis and nearby cities in Greater Napa Valley.
How Much Do Motorized Overhead Garage Storage Cost
An overhead garage storage system costs roughly $100 to $300 per storage rack. A 220-pound electric lift for overhead garage storage might cost $150 to $250. Small garage organizers such as baskets and pegs can cost anywhere from $5 to $50 and up.
For this DIY installation project, use high-quality materials. You dont want to cut corners on a garage ceiling space project.
Don’t Miss: Garage Door Cable Replacement Cost
Racks & Rates In Dublin Ca
At CDR Overhead Storage Racks, we are committed to being the market leader in the garage storage organization industry in Dublin, CA. Below you will find a summary of our rates and just a few of the design configurations we have done. If you are in the Dublin area and have questions or would like to schedule your installation, please contact CDR Overhead Storage Racks at 877-692-4114. We offer flexible scheduling and can usually install your racks in a matter of a few hours. For your convenience, you may request services from this site.
Why are WE the STRONGEST?
Our C-Channel frame is constructed with 3 center tie beams.We use a triple wire deck that is bolted to the frame.Installation attaches to 4 ceiling beams instead of 2!
We offer a variety of rack sizes for all of your shelving needs in Dublin, CA!
RACK SIZES AND RATES
ALL OF OUR RATES INCLUDE: DELIVERY, TAX, & INSTALLATION IN SERVICE AREA
*Refer to rates page for current pricing.
*Rates are subject to change.
4 x 6
4 x 8
Thank you for your interest in CDR Overhead Storage Racks. We look forward to serving you and all your garage storage needs.
CDR Overhead Storage offers premium quality products and installation at market leading prices!
Monday – Saturday