Commercial Garage Door Opener Prices
Ranging from $300 to $1,500, commercial garage door operators have the potential to be much more expensive than residential models. The lower $300 price tag reflects the typical price for manual lift models automatic systems retail at the higher end of the price range.
Why are commercial garage door openers more expensive? It comes down to the additional horsepower and chain strength needed to lift huge overhead commercial doors.
If you are unsure if you need a residential or commercial garage door opener, you can ask a trusted local garage door opener installation expert.
Can I Open My Liftmaster Garage Door Opener With My Phone
Heres the good newsyou can. As Ive mentioned, Liftmaster garage door openers come with myQ connectivity technology, allowing you to close or open the door with just your phone, the brands cloud-based software, or from your car.
The features of myQ connectivity do not just stop at merely opening the door. It also notifies you whenever the garage door opens or closes. In addition, the app enables you to schedule when to close the door and when to turn on/off the lights.
If youre at a loss as to how to connect your phone with your garage door opener, follow the steps below:
- Make sure your smart device is connected to an Internet connection
- Open App Store/Google Play, find the application called myQ, then download it. Although its interface is specifically designed for phones, the app works on tablets as well.
- Turn on Bluetooth and allow the app to access your location services
- On the app, pick your garage door opener model
- Press, then immediately release the learn button on the garage door opener. A beep will sound if you succeed.
- Select the MyQ device shown on the app
- Connect the app to your Wi-Fi
- Wait a few moments, your garage door should be connected by now
- Name the device if you want to
Best Smart Garage Door Opener
The Liftmaster Secure View 85503-267 garage door opener is the best choice if you live in a smart house. This model comes with a motion-activated surveillance camera that streams straight to your smartphone from the garage. There is also a feature that lets you talk with other people in the garage using a two-way microphone and speaker.
This model can even record and save the footage for a monthly fee. Other than the ones mentioned above, the Liftmaster Secure View of course has all the benefits that come with the standard Liftmaster opener, such as a backup battery and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Don’t Miss: Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Learn Button
Garage Door Opener Buying Guide
If youre planning on installing your first garage door opener or simply think its time to upgrade your old model, heres what you need to consider while shopping around:
Horsepower. The size of your garage door will determine how much horsepower you need. The lowest available horsepower will typically be able to handle doors up to 7-8 feet in height, with the width varying by model. Large doors of 14 or more feet in height will need a stronger motor to open and close comfortably. Horsepower can also affect the speed at which your doors open and close.
Drive mechanism. The type of drive your opener uses will affect the amount of noise it makes. Chain-driven motors are usually the loudest, while belt-driven ones are quieter. Other types include screw-driven and direct-drive motors, which are also quiet, but are better suited for very heavy doors.
Ceiling- or wall-mounted. Most garage door openers are ceiling-mounted however, if your ceiling is low, or you drive a vehicle thats high off the ground , a wall-mounted unit might be a good option.
Connectivity. Access to phone apps and car features such as HomeLink will make it especially easy to open and close your garage. They may also allow you to control how long the door stays open, and even alert you if you forgot to close it when you left. Some models are capable of connecting to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to enable voice commands as well.
Solar Garage Door Opener Price
You can expect to pay $300 to $500 for the ability to power your garage door without using electricity. However, the lack of energy use can decrease your monthly utility bills, making up for the higher price. At least a few hours of sunlight must be provided each day for proper operation. Those in areas without a lot of sunlight may find this system is not the best choice.
Don’t Miss: Ceiling Mount Propane Garage Heater
New Garage Door Opener Cost By Type
Several manufacturers produce quality openers. Each brand has strengths and weaknesses, and not all brands make all types of openers. Once you have determined the type of motor you need, narrow down the brand choices. Then, decide which brand offers the best features for your budget. The prices throughout this section refer to the cost of the unit itself, not the cost of garage door openers installed. The prices include all door openers provided by a brand. If a brand does not include a certain type of openers , this is not considered for costs.
|$350 – $400
Belt Vs Chain Garage Door Opener
A belt and chain drive garage door opener are almost identical to each other, but theres one main difference it uses a belt instead of a chain. Also, a belt drive garage door opener will also use a steel-reinforced rubber or fiberglass instead of a standard chain. For heavier doors, a chain door opener is ideal.
Belt drives are quieter and are a pinch more than a chain opener. These openers can lift a garage about seven inches per second and has a smooth operation.
Chain drives tend to be the most reliable and can be less than a belt drive. These openers can be very loud and the chain may need to be adjusted every so often.
Recommended Reading: 12×20 Shed With Garage Door
Best Belt Drive Operated Garage Door Opener
In this category, the Liftmaster 8550WLB has the best performance. This means that this model comes with a silent motor, internet connectivity , battery backup, and the option to add a garage lock. The 8550WLB is also equipped with sensors that eliminate the chances of getting any car or property damaged by the closing door.
Liftmaster Belt Drive Garage Door Opener Reviews
LiftMaster manufacturers 7 belt drive models all featuring WiFi and Smart technology and 1 with an integrated camera. Models range from ½ to ¾ horsepower, many offer battery back-up, and all but two basic models come with a soft start and stop feature. Below we provide all of the details
The prices are based on the type of motor, whether the model includes battery back-up, and the combination of features available with each model.
- Price range: $300 $600
- Motor: 5 models are equipped with DC motors, and 2 have AC motors.
- Lift Power: ½ HP AC motors. The DC motors lift up to 700 lbs.
- Features: All feature Wi-Fi with Smart technology. Several are equipped with LiftMasters corner-to-corner lighting and 1,500 to 2,000 lumens.
- Battery Back-Up: 2 models
- Features: All models come with a combination of features including car visor remote, wall-mount control panel, wireless keypad, and soft start/stop function. Two premium LiftMaster belt drive garage door openers include cameras that begin recording when motion is detected. One allows for two-way voice communication using the LiftMaster myQ app.Live video streaming on premium openers allows you to watch deliveries take place or view contractors or kids coming and going in real time.
- Warranties: The motors and belts for all models have a Lifetime warranty. Parts warranties are 1 year to 5 years. Accessories such as cameras are covered for 1 year.
Don’t Miss: Home Depot Garage Overhead Storage
Best For Basic Use: Skylink Atoms Atr
For those who appreciate simplicity, the Skylink Atoms ATR-1622CK is a no-hassle garage door opener. It can effortlessly open a 7.0-foot garage door with its powerful DC motor and durable chain drive. The Skylink uses Quiet-Drive Technology to reduce noise when running.
Although it doesnt have smart device compatibility, the ATR-1622CK can be opened via either one of its one-button remotes or an in-car garage door remote if a vehicle has one. Skylinks Anti Break-In Drive System also prevents unauthorized external access, providing an extra layer of security against would-be thieves.
In a world run by smart devices, the Skylink Atoms ATR-1622CK demonstrates that simplicity can still be effective. This opener is best suited for those who dont need extra bells and whistles with their garage door opener.
- Warranty: 6-year motor warranty, 1-year parts and belt warranty
- Quiet-Drive Technology for reduced noise
- Integrated LED lighting
How Do I Connect My Liftmaster Garage Door Opener To My Phone
Liftmaster makes connecting your garage door opener to your phone easy. Do so by following these simple steps after installing the garage door opener:
Following the on-screen instructions will then ask you to make a series of selections on your garage opener control panel. After doing so, you’ll have to select your wifi network on your phone. This selection will tell the Liftmaster to connect to that specific network. Please wait for a series of beeps from the garage opener and then name it within the app. You should now be able to open the garage door from the myQ app.
Read Also: Liftmaster Garage Door Opener Program
What Are The Extra Costs
Most of the garage door opener kits have a remote control or two included with it however, you have the option to purchase a universal remote control which can cost anywhere from $25 to $50. People often purchase additional remotes to give to a close family member or friend. Some openers may not come with a remote at all, so this purchase may be mandatory.
A keypad, which installed on the outside of the garage door, will open your door whenever a PIN is inputted. These keypads can cost $30 to $60.
Some openers may not come with lighting. While some may come equipped with a light bulb, some owners opt to have an extra light installed.
Garage doors taller than seven feet will have a larger rail size. Eight-foot doors often pay $25 to $50 more, while those with 10-foot doors can pay close to $100 more.
Many models wont come with a battery backup, and if your power were to go out, the opener would be useless.
Garage Door Opener Maintenance Costs
Each year, you should conduct garage door maintenance as part of this maintenance, expect to pay garage door opener maintenance coststypically an hour of professional labor equal to $65 to $85.
Garage door openers can typically last 10 to 15 years if they are well maintained. Maintenance items include checking the battery backup in the opener and the remotes, testing the sensors, inspecting the pulleys and cables for signs of wear and tear, and tightening the chains and belts as needed.
If you are already paying for larger garage door maintenance, the contractor will typically include the opener maintenance in their scope of work.
Also Check: Parking Garage Near Td Garden
What Are The Benefits Of A Liftmaster Garage Door Opener
Considering how much it costs to install a Liftmaster garage door opener, is the gain really worth the price tag? Lets discuss some of their benefits.
- Their most obvious merit lies in their convenience. These automatic garage door openers allow you to operate the door with the push of a button.
- All Liftmaster garage door openers boast superior security. In fact, they all comply with the strictest safety requirements, including the UL 325 compliance.
- Designed with users convenience in mind, Liftmaster garage door openers are all easy to mount.
- Liftmasters products are all relatively quiet. Even chain drive models, which are notorious for their loud noises, arent that grating compared to many other garage door opener brands.
- Most products come with a backup battery. In other words, you can still run the garage door opener when theres a power outage.
- Many models can be paired with different accessories, such as keypads, remote controls, or locking mechanisms.
- Theyre compatible with Wi-Fi connections. So you can control these openers with an app from your smartphone. Their innovative myQ connectivity means you wont ever have to fret over whether youve closed the door.
- Ceiling-mounted door openers are usually equipped with LED lights, meaning they can light up the garage if necessary.
How Much Does A Liftmaster Garage Door Opener Cost
So How Much Does a Liftmaster Garage Door Opener Cost? Typically, Liftmaster garage door openers range in price from $300 to $550, depending on the model and its features. The traditional belt or chain drive openers are less expensive compared to the wall-mounted Liftmaster models. The price can vary by adding extra features like locking mechanisms.
Theres a lot more to the expense of Liftmaster garage openers than the factors mentioned above. Keep on reading to learn more about the different types of garage door openers and what are their pros and cons. Well even talk about the questions that are concerning Liftmaster consumers.
If youre wondering How Much Electricity Does a Garage Door Opener Use, feel free to read this article.
Also Check: Epoxy Seal Concrete And Garage Floor Paint
Does Home Depot Or Lowes Install Garage Doors
Lowes and Home Depotstores are providing garage door services such as installation and maintenance, and they are located all throughout the United States. Simply contact them and ask them to come. If you want to do the installation by yourself, there are instructions available on each of their websites.
Standard Vs Universal Garage Door Openers Remote
When deciding on a type of remote opener, you need to consider if they are standard or universal. Almost all of the remotes available can be standard or universal. A standard remote is designed to be used with one specific type of opener. It cannot be used for any other garages. A universal is functionally different. These remote controls can be programmed and used with nearly any opener. This makes them more convenient, especially if you are not sure what model of door opener you currently use. All remotes except keypads are available in both universal and standard forms.
Don’t Miss: Hanging Bikes In The Garage
Best With Camera: Chamberlain B6765t
Whether its used for added security or checking what time your teenagers come home, the Chamberlain B6765Ts built-in camera streams high-resolution video straight from the garage to any connected smart device. It also has two-way communication for live conversation between the garage and linked device thanks to the myQ App.
Users can expect a sturdy design thanks to the B6765Ts steel-reinforced belt drive. Installing the device is a breeze as well, thanks to the snap-lock rail system that takes minimal effort to get working.
The Chamberlain B6765Ts camera feature can be used by parents with young children or teenagers to check when theyre coming and going, or even for car owners who like added certainty of knowing where their vehicle is at all times.
- Drive type: Steel belt drive
- Warranty: Lifetime motor and drive warranty, 5-year parts warranty, 1-year accessories warranty, 1-year camera warranty
- 360-degree rotating HD camera
Garage Door Opener Cost
The lowest-priced garage door openers typically start at around $150. You can get a quality opener in this price range, though youll need to spend upwards of $300 if you want extra features such as increased lift speed, soft starting, smartphone integration, and quiet operation. Heres what to expect in each price range:
- $150 $180: In this price range, you can get a basic chain drive garage door opener with 0.5 horsepower. Dont expect any extras like smartphone integration or security cameras. Shop in this range if you just need something that works and you dont care about noise.
- $180 $250: In this price range, youll find belt drive garage door openers as well as chain drive openers with 0.75 horsepower motors. These openers often have features like smartphone connectivity, wifi, and LED lighting.
- $250 $400: If youre looking for a garage door opener with a camera, youll need to shop in this price range. Most garage door openers in this range use quiet DC motors and feature steel-reinforced belt drives. Youll also find some high-horsepower chain drive units in this price range.
- $400 and up: Many wall-mounted garage door openers cost upwards of $400. The benefit of this type of garage door opener is that it attaches to the side of your garage door rather than the ceiling. Wall-mounted openers take up much less space than ceiling-mounted openers but require more headroom. This is a good option for garages with high ceilings.
Read Also: Installing 240v Outlet In Garage
Top Liftmaster And Chamberlain Products
If youre looking for a top-of-the-range door opener, LiftMasters Elite Series 8500W Jackshaft Garage Door Operator may be the right choice for you. Even if youre on a tight budget, you can still get a LiftMaster opener suited to your professional needs with the LiftMaster 8160W DC Chain Drive Opener.
As for Chamberlain openers, your range-topping pick could be the Chamberlain B6765, which features a camera and battery backup for extra convenience and security. On the other end of the price spectrum, the Chamberlain B550 belt drive garage door opener is a great product for DIY enthusiasts that allows you to open and close your door from your phone. Its belt drive also ensures quiet operation, which comes in handy if your garage is located close to your home.