Resetting The Wireless Keypad
You will need to reset the keypad when programming a new PIN fails or when you want to change the PIN. Follow the steps below to erase the saved settings on the keypad.
- With the keypad backlight, press and hold the Program and Up/Down keys together for approximately 5 seconds.
- The LED will blink twice, and all lights will go out, indicating the keypad has reset, and you can start the programming all over again.
Genie Belt Or Chain Driven Drive
If quiet, strong performance is a high priority for you, youll be interested in the famous Genie 140-volt DC motor. The electric motor that lifts and lowers the door is operated by either a belt or a chain running along a rail. The enclosed C-channel rail allows flush-mounting for a clean appearance by hiding the belt or chain from view, plus it adds strength and durability. Motion detection lighting is a great option to consider, since it will enhance your garages security. Many Genie units offer motion detection lighting. The soft start and soft stop design is what Genie belt drives and chain drives are famous for. Call us if you have any questions about the Genie products we offer.
If youre ready to improve your garage doors safety and performance, stop by Gold Label Door today. You can contact us or stop by the showroom to learn more!
Genie Garage Door Opener Keypad Not Working
Here is how to troubleshoot a keypad that stops working with your garage door opener.
- Make sure you are putting in the correct PIN.
- Check the emergency released rope is not activated. The garage door will not respond to the keypad if it is in manual mode. Disengage the emergency release rope and input the PIN to operate the garage door.
- Check the batteries in your opener keypad and replace them.
- Check for stuck keys. Dust and grime accumulate in between the keypad buttons, causing them to get stuck. Clean the keypad with a dry toothbrush. If the keypad is too damaged, you will have to replace it.
- Inspect the keypad for any damage. Over time, weather, humidity, and contact can damage the keypad preventing it from working. Replace the keypad if necessary.
- Open the keypad and look for frayed or damaged wires. Then, reattach the cables and make sure they are secure or replace them.
- If the opener still refuses to respond to the keypad, reset it and reprogram it to the opener with a new PIN.
Read Also: Raynor Remote Garage Door Opener
Mount The Keypad To The Wall
The Genie GK-R garage door keypad has two screw locations on the back of the unit to mount the keypad to a wall.
It can be mounted to wood, siding, stucco, or brick.
The top screw goes directly into the wall so that the keypad hangs like a picture. The bottom screw goes through the battery panel and into the wall.
Since I was replacing another keypad, I could use the existing screw-holes without needing to drill another.
If youre starting from scratch, use a 3/32 drill bit to drill a pilot hole in the wall.
Tip: The keypad needs to be mounted at least five feet high and away from any of the garage doors moving parts.
Once you have the two holes drilled, hang the keypad from the top screw. Next, remove the batteries and screw in the bottom screw.
Re-insert the batteries and close the battery cover.
Programming A Single Genie Garage Door Opener To A Keypad
The following steps outline the keypad setup for a single garage door opener. If you have not changed the default keypad pin yet, use the default pin.
Recommended Reading: Garage Door Repair Elk Grove
Garage Door Opener Remote Troubleshooting Tips
Most of the time, when a remote control stops working, its because the battery has died.
Depending on the model you have, your Genie remote control may take a AAA battery, AA battery, or lithium coin battery. The three-button remote included with most new Genie models take a 2032 lithium coin battery. Heres how to replace it:
If the battery isnt the issue, try reprogramming the remote, following the steps outlined above. You could also refer to the owners manual for the remote control for more troubleshooting advice. If you cant resolve the problem yourself, call in a garage door technician to handle it.
A qualified garage door technician will be able to fix any issues that arise with your keypad or wall console.
Models 375lm 375ut And 380ut Programming Instructions For Dip
|# TIMES TO PRESS BTTN|
Recommended Reading: How To Program Ford Garage Door Opener
Programming 971lm And 973lm 371lm And 373lm Security Plus Transmitters
What Is The Height Of An Rv Garage
A Class A Motorhome, the largest and most luxurious of all RVs, has an average height of 10 feet, and can range from 21 to 40 feet in length. This RV typically requires a garage with a clearance height of at least 14 feet, and 45 to 50 feet in length depending on how much additional storage you wish to have.
Read Also: Lift Master Garage Door Opener Manual
Programming A Genie Remote Control
To program your Genie remote, youll need to do the following two things:
Once youve done this, test your remote. The garage door should now open and close when you press the button.
Note that you have 30 seconds to perform each step. If the LED lights on the opener flash red, it means that youve run out of time and will have to repeat the step.
In addition, note that any remote controls that come included with a Genie opener have already been programmed and are ready for use following the installation of the opener. The above instructions are for remote controls that have been purchased separately or that need to be re-programmed.
The Opener Is On Vacation Mode
The wall control has a Sure-Lock button that engages a security lock that overrides commands and signals from the wall console and remote controls. With the Sure-Lock button on, the motor will click, and the LED light on the wall control will be off. Push the switch down to turn off the security lock, and the LED light will turn red, allowing you to use the wall control and remote control buttons to run the opener.
You May Like: Garage Door Opener Remote Programming
Programming Homelink To A Garage Door Opener
Firstly, you must train the HomeLink device to the remote. Follow the following steps below.
Secondly, you are ready to program the HomeLink device to the Genie garage door opener. Follow the steps below.
Programming The Down Limit
Before programming the travel limit, make sure the opener works with the AC power and not the battery. The Down limit sets how far down the garage door has to travel during a complete closing cycle.
- Press and hold the Down button on the motor unit, and the LED will turn blue.
- Release the Down arrow button, and the LED light will flicker blue.
- Press and hold the Down button until the door fully closes. If the door closes too low, adjust with the Up button and if it closes too high, adjust with the Down arrow button. The door should rest on the floor until the rubber weather strip compresses across the entire width of the door.
- When the door sets appropriately, press the Program button once. Both LED lights will flash blue and then turn off to indicate the Down limit is programmed.
Read Also: How To Change Liftmaster Garage Code
How Do You Program A Genie Opener
Now that the Genie opener is clear of all remote controls, you must reprogram the following devices to run the garage door correctly. For the proper operation of your garage door opener, there are three programming functions you must set.
You have to complete each programming step within the 30 second time limit, after which two LEDs will turn red, indicating the time limit has expired, and you must restart.
How To Program Additional Remote Controls To A Genie Opener
Follow these steps to program optional control transmitters other than those provided with the garage door opener. Ensure that you stand at least five feet from the garage door opener.
Also Check: Whisper Drive Garage Door Opener
Open Your Existing Garage Door With A Smart Phone
It is now possible to open and close your existing garage door opener with a smart phone or tablet!
Introducing the Genie Aladdin Connect
This technology is not just available to newer model garage door openers that require the replacement of your existing garage door opener motor, remote controls and keyless entry. It is easy to install and use.
The Aladdin Connect provides the follow features and benefits
- Receive notifications when someone is operating your garage door opener.
- Receive notifications when your garage door is being opened or closed manually
- Open or close the garage door from anywhere
- Open the garage door for anyone without needing to provide them a password for the keyless entry
- Complete history of the operation of the garage door including the dates and times the garage door was opened and closed
The Aladdin Connect allows you to control up to three different doors with one controller.
In addition, a homeowner can allow up to 20 different people access to one account.
- Follow the easy to understand programming instructions as outlined in the app
- Install the Controller
For more information about the Genie Aladdin Connect, please reference
To order replacement Overhead Door garage door parts go to our online parts store at www.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.
S Of The How To Reprogram Garage Door Opener Genie
Place a stepladder under the front of the genie opener power head. Within 30 seconds of pressing the learn button, press and hold the button you wish to program on the remote control for three seconds, then release.
169 Reset Genie Intellicode Wireless Pin Remote Programmable Garage Door Opener Youtube Housekeeping Tips Genies Garage Door Opener
You May Like: How Replace Garage Door Opener
Programming A Wall Console
Programming a Genie wall console is very simple. Just follow these two steps:
How Do I Reset My Genie Garage Door Opener
Resetting the Genie garage door opener will erase all the saved settings from all the programmed remote controls. Follow the steps below to erase all programmed remote controls.
- Locate the square Program or Set button on the openers motor unit.
- Press and hold the Program or Learn button for about 10 seconds or until the opener light turns off. All programmed remote controls are clear from the openers memory.
- To test a successful reset, try pressing the remote control button. The garage door should not run. Now you can reprogram the remote controls to the opener.
Read Also: How To Apply Epoxy To Garage Floor
Genie Garage Door Installation
Here are some of the features to expect from a Genie garage door opener:
- Genie Safe-T-Beam®- This system prevents doors from closing when doorways are obstructed. It utilizes an infrared beam that automatically reverses a garage door when an obstruction is detected in the doors path. Its self-diagnostic feature can also help troubleshoot system errors.
- GenieSense Monitoring and Diagnostic Technology -This technology delivers the power needed at every movement of the garage door and continuously monitors the operation of the door, stopping operation when significant changes occur. These features minimize noise, wear and tear on the door, and improve overall safety.
- Reliability Genie possesses an impressive track record for manufacturing high-quality openers that are known for dependable performance. An industry leader, Genie offers one of the largest selections of openers for residential applications in the world. This ensures that we have a reliable solution for every homeowner. Our openers carry limited warranties that are among the best in the industry.
Genie offers various models of garage door openers:
When you select an opener, it is better to have it installed by an expert to ensure safety, maximum efficiency, and durability.
Programming The Remote Controls
When programming more than one remote control to the same garage door opener, you should program each remote separately. If you what to use the same remote control on a different garage door, program the other unprogrammed buttons on the remote control using the steps below.
- Press and hold the Program button on the motor using for about two seconds the round LED will turn blue, and the long LED will flash purple to indicate it is ready for pairing.
- Hold the remote control at least five feet away from the opener and slowly press and release the button you want to program twice. Both LEDs will flash and then turn off to indicate programming was successful.
- Press the programmed button on the remote control again to run the garage door opener.
Don’t Miss: Genie Garage Door Openers Manual