Get More From Your Garage
Don’t let the summer heat or winter cold lock you out of your garage. Now you can enjoy year-round use by installing Matador® Garage Door Insulation. It easily transforms your garage space into a workshop, rec room or exercise area – all in less than one hour. Why should cars be the only ones enjoying all that space?
A garage door is one of the biggest “holes” in any building envelope. The Matador Garage Door Insulation Kit can help you save money on heating and cooling costs, all while making your garage more quiet and comfortable.
- Easy to install
- Keeps garage warm in the winter and cool in the summer
- High-impact polystyrene laminate provides an easily washable surface that gives your garage a finished and attractive look
- The panels are made with the same OEM-grade product used by garage door manufacturers, giving your garage identical performance and appearance as a pre-insulated door
Matador Garage Door Insulation Product Specifications
- Each kit contains 8 panels. Not sold individually.
- Kit weight = approximately 10 lbs.
- Fits most standard pan style 8′ and 9′ garage doors
- Panel sizes available: 1.25″ x 20.25″ x 54″ or 1.25″ x 23.25″ x 54″
- Each panel has an insulation value of R4.8
Complete installation takes less than one hour, with no special tools required. Enjoy a more finished and energy-efficient garage in just 3 simple steps!Tools Required: straight edge, utility knife, tape measure and safety goggles
Cut Insulation To Size
- Cut a piece of insulation for each panel. Cut 1- to 2-inches longer than your door panel measurements.
- Peel off the excess insulation.
Safety: Many types of insulation, especially fiberglass insulation, are skin and eye irritants. Wear gloves and safety glasses to protect yourself when working with insulation.
Lowes Garage Door Installation Costs
Countless independent contractors and large home improvement retail chains install garage doors. However, Lowes installs garage doors at a fraction of the cost charged by most other service providers.
In most cases, Lowes team of home-enhancing professionals install garage doors for an average of roughly $199 to $599. The best way to ascertain the cost is to contact Lowes and get a quote.
While Lowes charges different rates for garage door installation depending on various factors , the retail chains prices are considerably lower than their competitors.
The national average cost for garage door installation is about $900 to $1200, which is substantially higher than the prices Lowes charges.
The minimum contractors typically charge for garage door installation ranges from $260 to $400. This price range is reasonably affordable but is not as competitive as Lowes minimum price of $199!
Considering what other companies charge for garage installation, there is a strong case for procuring Lowes services.
To get a sense of what Lowes might charge you to install a garage door, it is worth acquainting ourselves with the factors that will influence the total costs of the installation job.
Also Check: Replacing Garage Door Torsion Spring
Door Materials And Insulation
Some garage door materials are more naturally insulating than others. However, with additional layers and insulation, any garage door can be crafted to meet your needs and wants. Some common garage door materials are:
- Wooden garage doors: Are wood doors insulated? Many homeowners want a wooden garage door because they offer timeless style and curb appeal. Dont worry about sacrificing insulation for design, though. Today, high-quality wooden insulated garage doors including Clopay® insulated garage doors are constructed with multiple layers of wood and insulation, making them an excellent choice for your home.
- Steel garage doors: Steel doors are a sleek style choice, and a practical decision for a homeowner interested in a low-maintenance, high-quality door. Steel garage doors are often constructed in multiple layers, which make them natural insulators. When you add an extra layer of insulation, you get a garage door that truly delivers.
Some garage doors, including Canyon Ridge® Collection carriage style doors, are constructed out of both steel and a wood composite. Steel and wood doors offer the best of both worlds: the beautiful, wood-like finish you love and the durability and insulating power of steel frames and an Intellicore® interior.
Costs Of Installing Manual Vs Automatic Garage Doors
One of the most significant factors impacting installation costs is whether the garage doors operate manually or automatically. Garage doors powered by electric motors obviously cost more to install than those that open by hand.
If youre also installing a garage door opener, expect to pay about $350 extra for labor and materials.
Recommended Reading: 100 Mile Garage Sale 2021
Is It Worth Buying An Insulated Garage Door
If you are in the market for a new garage door or simply want to upgrade your current one you have probably encountered a lot of questions and choices. What style door do you want? What kind of door opener is best for your lifestyle? Do you want a door with windows? What is an insulated garage door? Should you choose an insulated or uninsulated garage door?
At A Better Door Company, we want to help you make informed decisions. In this guide, well discuss the pros and cons of insulated garage doors and how important garage door insulation is for energy efficiency, comfort and safety.
Lowes Garage Doors For The Modern Home
Our garage door installation and replacement experts understand that you desire Lowes garage doors that can serve your family for many years to come. Whether its boosting your love towards the property, adding a little convenience to your daily life, or preparing your home for sale, Lowes garage doors are at the very top table of top-selling manufacturers in the world.
Lowes best garage doors are presented under the Pella brand, providing homeowners with guaranteed quality in a range of different sizes, styles, colors, and finishes. Whether you have a clear vision of whats required or need a little support in customizing your perfect solution, Garage Doors and More is your perfect partner. We can help you consider all key contributing factors, including but not limited to
- Whether to choose a single or double garage door?
- Whether your Lowes garage doors need sizing adjustments?
- Whether you should choose plain white or a premium color and finish?
- Whether insulation is required on the Lowers garage doors?
- Whether your replacement garage doors need a window?
Read Also: Garage Door Opener Craftsman 1 2 Hp
Choosing The Right Insulation
Before learning how to insulate a garage door, its important to know about insulation R-values. R-value measures the effectiveness of a type of insulation. Typically, a higher R-value means better climate control and better energy efficiency for your home. Insulation R-values vary based on the type, thickness and density of the insulation material. The total R-value of your insulated areas can increase as you stack layers of insulation.
A high R-value for your DIY garage door insulation will keep your garage warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. High R-value insulation, however, is often more expensive than low R-value insulation. To best insulate your garage and stay within budget, choose your insulation type based on the type of garage and garage door you have.
Follow these tips to choose the right insulation for your garage door:
Garage Door Sizes: Installation Cost Differences
The size of garage doors has a fundamental influence on the total installation cost.
The typical single-car garage door sizes and average prices are as follows:
- 8 x 7 = $400 to $900 ,
- 9 x 9 = $450 to $1000,
- 10 x 10 = $490 to $1100.
Double-car garage doors usually come in these generic sizes and prices:
- 12 x 7 = $500 to $1300,
- 16 x 7 = $650 x 3600 ,
· 16 x 8 = S700 to $5000.
Don’t Miss: Twin City Garage Door Fargo
Lowes Garage Doors Installation You Can Rely On
When buying Lowes garage doors, you are opting for quality. Therefore, its imperative that you find the perfect product for your property and find the perfect specialist to install it. Garage Doors & More works together with homeowners and builders to ensure that you gain the customized solution you deserve in the most convenient and budget-friendly solution. We pride ourselves on helping you unlock the full benefits of choosing Lowes doors in the first place.
Best of all, we can supply and install Lowes garage doors at an even cheaper price than going directly to the manufacturer!
We work exclusively with the best suppliers to ensure guaranteed quality. At the same time, our passionate experts can support you throughout the decision-making processes to ensure you gain a Lowes Pella garage doors solution that provides security, practical, and curb appeal without breaking your budget. In addition to the quality of the products, you can be sure that the installation will be completed to the very highest standards. Our experts will even provide the aftercare to confirm that you are happy with the results.
As an A+ rated accredited business with a five-star rating on Home Advisor as well as Google reviews, our same day contracting services have helped thousands of homeowners throughout the Carolinas. To give your home the beauty, security, and function it requires, give us a call!
Lowes Garage Doors Delivered And Installed In No Time
Lowes garage doors are a fantastic investment for your property, bringing luxury style and a tailored appeal at an affordable price. Unfortunately, many distributors do not boast the expertise needed to ensure you gain the best results. Garage Doors & More specialize in delivering the dream door for your dream home in the fastest possible time.
Upon completing your purchase, our experts will check our inventory within your city to see whether we have the door in stock. If we do, itll be delivered and ready for installation within a few days. It is regularly achieved within 48 hours. If you want our installers to fit the door, well contact you to arrange a convenient date for our installers to verify your measurements before ordering the door.
When your door is out of stock or needs customization, our experts can usually complete the entire process within 2-3 weeks. Well also provide regular updates through every step of the journey.
To order your Lowes garage doors today, give us a call or use our online estimate tool for further information.
Also Check: Genie Garage Door Openers Home Depot
Visit A Better Door Company Online To Request Your Estimate
A Better Door Company specializes in garage door installation, maintenance and repair. No matter what type of garage door or garage door opener you are looking for, we have what you need.
Types Of Garage Door Insulation Materials
There are different types of insulated garage doors, depending on the material used. The two most common types of garage door insulation materials are polystyrene and polyurethane:
- Polystyrene: Polystyrene is a synthetic polymer made from Styrofoam. Polystyrene is waterproof and an affordable garage door insulation material. It is easily modified and customized to fit any garage or size or construction.
- Polyurethane:Polyurethane is a more complex synthetic polymer, and is often more expensive than polystyrene. However, that added cost comes with additional benefits. The biggest difference between polystyrene and polyurethane garage doors is thickness. Polyurethane insulation is much denser, which means it is more structurally sound and effective at reducing noise.
Also Check: Chamberlain Power Drive Garage Door Opener
Sohow Effective Is Garage Door Insulation
Are insulated garage doors worth the cost? Garage door insulation can be very effective. However, the exact level of effectiveness depends on a few factors, including:
- The climate you live in: Insulation is more effective in some environments than others. For example, frigid cold temperatures or tropical heat will require a more thorough and intensive insulation process.
- The type of insulation: Both polystyrene and polyurethane insulation work well, but polyurethane is typically denser and more efficient at reducing sound pollution and maintaining a constant indoor temperature. Some door materials, like steel, are naturally more insulated than others.
- The rest of your garage: If your garage door is insulated, but the rest of your garage is riddled with gaps, or other structural issues, you will not see a significant change. To get the most out of your insulated garage door, make sure all other parts of your garage are insulated as well, including your roof, floor, walls, windows and any attached living spaces. If you have a finished room above your garage whether it is for storage or you use it as an additional living space it is necessary that you insulate this room the same way you do the walls and ceilings in your house.
Why Insulation Is Important For Garage Doors
Insulation adds an extra layer of durability and protection to your garage door. A well-insulated garage door will keep your garage at a consistent temperature, often saving you money on energy bills. This energy efficiency is also better for the environment. Plus, insulated garage doors can help protect your garage and its valuables from inclement weather and break-ins.
Don’t Miss: Metal Garage With Living Quarters
Attached Garages And Insulation
For garages that are attached to your home, insulation is especially important. Attached garages with an uninsulated door can cause your home heating and cooling system to run continuously, as all warm and cool air will escape through the garage door. Whether its an attached or detached garage insulated door, you should always have the following components:
- Properly sealed doorways: Make sure the door between your home and the garage as well as the garage door itself is properly sealed, and there are no gaps for air leakage.
- Insulated walls: All walls between your home and garage including any upstairs living spaces should be insulated just as thoroughly as you would insulate any other wall in your home.
- Closed windows: All windows should be closed and sealed when the heating or air conditioning is running inside your house to prevent energy waste.
What Is R
R-value is a measurement used to determine the thermal resistance level of insulation. The higher the listed R-value of a garage door or insulation, the more effective it is at insulation.
For example, insulated Modern Steel Contemporary Garage Doors have an R-value ranging between 4.4 and 18.4, depending on the chosen thickness. The R-value of an uninsulated garage door, on the other hand, would be much lower.
Always consider an insulated garage doors R-value before choosing the right one for your house. Your ideal R-value depends on a few factors, including the climate where you live and the type of heating and cooling system you use. You can calculate which R-value is ideal for your home and use this information to make an informed garage door purchase.
Don’t Miss: How To Program Ford Garage Door Opener