Fleximounts Floating Garage Shelving
- Wire shelves are connected to the brackets via velcro
- Can NOT be mounted to metal walls
- Installation is not difficult, but certainly more involved than standard storage racks due to the mounting measurements
Available in an array of different sizing, FLEXIMOUNTS Floating Garage Shelving offers a wonderful off-the-ground storage solution for your garage space without forcing you to reach high overhead, or clamber up a step ladder to access your gear.
The heavy-gauge steel construction features a load capacity of up to 200 pounds per shelf, so dont let the low profile and slim design here fool you into thinking these racks arent capable. A wide variety of installation configurations furthermore enable you to get creative with this storage system, so you can really orient these shelves to ideally work with your space.
Keep in mind you can also easily hang items from the brackets for even greater storage/organization potential, so the benefits of this style rack go beyond the shelf space.
What Sizes Of Garage Shelving Can I Choose
Garage shelving comes in a variety of sizes, shapes, and styles. The first thing you need to do before selecting shelves is measure your space. Measure the length of your garage walls, floor to ceiling height, and the depth of space you’re willing to commit to shelving.
Depth is important to remember, especially if you’re planning to park cars in your garage. You don’t want to install your new shelves only to realize there’s no room to park your car.
Also, think about what you’re storing. Some options have set shelving heights while others are adjustable. Consider how many shelves you want and the shape of your shelving. Corner units might be perfect if you’re only looking to store a few things, while a full floor-to-ceiling shelving solution with a workbench is better for people with a lot of tools.
Fleximounts 4 By 8 Foot Overhead Storage Adjustable Garage Rack
- Can NOT be mounted to metal
- May be difficult to install depending on the spacing of your garage ceiling joists
- Fairly expensive option
Supporting up to 600 pounds and measuring four by eight feet, the Overhead Storage Adjustable Garage Rack from FLEXIMOUNTS is a brilliant solution for maximizing your garages storage potential and floor space.
Built with a heavy duty cold-rolled steel construction and superior hardware, the brand has taken the necessary steps to ensure long lifespan and worry-free mounting. The wire deck and frame are furthermore welded together to further boost sturdiness, and the entire unit is powder-coated for an even longer lifespan.
Also Check: Chamberlain Professional 1/3 Hp Garage Door Opener
How Can I Save Space In My Garage
A garage has many uses, but if it’s cluttered and disorganized, you probably can’t even use it to store your car. Saving space in your garage is easy – all it takes is installing some garage shelves and storage. First, you need to decide what you want to use your garage for. Do you want to park your car in it or have it serve as your space for gardening tools or workshop?
Whatever storage solution you choose to do with your garage, at Sam’s Club, our Home Garage Center is here to help you get your home improvement neat and organized while saving you space, all at low everyday members-only prices.
Best Industrial Storage Racks For Your Garage
In need of some effective storage and organization within your garage? A garage storage rack from our top list will make a world of difference when it comes to keeping your space neat and coherent.
Weve pinned down the best overhead options, wall-mounted shelving, and large and in charge stand-up units so you can pin down just the right storage system for your needs!
Don’t Miss: Single Track Garage Door Bottom Seal
Monsterrax Overhead Garage Rack
- Although installation is easy to do yourself, it’s still more intensive than other garage rack alternatives
- Fairly expensive considering the amount of storage space this option provides
- Only one aesthetic available
The MonsterRax Overhead Garage Rack is a brilliant method for organizing already cluttered garages and storage rooms lacking open floor space. Enabling you to tuck up to 500 pounds of gear and equipment safely above your head, this storage solution is the best tactic for retaining as much floor and wall space as possible.
Built with industrial-grade, powder-coated steel and equipped with heat-treated, case-hardened hardware, the brand has built this rack to hold up nicely over the years. There is even a lifetime warranty included with this purchase a sure sign of a quality product.
This style of rack will allow you to line your walls with additional storage and keep the floor open for vehicles and other items while supporting quite a bit of gear, so the price point is in our opinion fair when you consider the benefits.
Upto 40% Off Retail Pricing
Products you see may or may not be available. We also have SO Much more product that may not be included in the site. Please Chat us with NOW or Call us for Availability and Pricing.
|Shelf Width||90 in|
- Each shelf supports up to 2500 lbs. when the weight is evenly distributed
- Instructions included for easy assembly
- Heavy-duty steel construction with red powder-coated finish for lasting durability
- 3-wire shelves provide ample storage for heavy or bulky items such as paint cans, tools, work equipment and more
- Shelves adjust in 3 in. increments to fit any storage needs
- Not intended for outdoor use
- Made from 50% recycled material
- Welded rack matches and coordinates with Husky’s heavy duty welded cabinet set for a complete garage storage solution
- Backed by a Lifetime Warranty. If your Husky product ever fails, bring it back and we will replace it for free.
Recommended Reading: How To Program Car Garage Door Opener
What Should I Not Store In My Garage
You might think that you can toss anything in your garage for storage, but that is not the case. While the garage is a good place for storage shelves, there are some things that should never be stored here.
- Clothing, bedding, stuffed animals: Unless they’re in airtight containers, you want to keep fabric out of the garage. Changing temperatures and humidity can lead to moldy clothes and, well, rodents love to make nests out of soft materials.
- Food: Human food, pet food, bird seed, etc. If it’s perishable, don’t keep it in the garage or you will find yourself infested with all sorts of bugs and pests. Food also doesn’t fare well in garages due to their ever-changing temperatures — that means canned food too. It’s best to keep canned food between 50 and 70 degrees, which is difficult to do in a garage. Plus, with humidity levels, cans may rust and spoil quickly.
- Refrigerator: Sure, lots of people have a drink fridge in their garage, but they could be paying through the nose on their energy bills. Because the temperature in a garage changes so often, fridges usually have to work twice as hard to cool down, resulting in higher energy bills.
- Propane: Keep your propane tanks outside. A leaking tank or a temperature spike can cause a propane tank to catch fire and explode, especially if you keep your car in your garage. As a general rule, just don’t store flammable items in there.
Other temperature-sensitive items:
Metal And Wire Shelving
Metal shelves can hold heavy loads and come in a variety of sizes. Because its nonporous, metal shelving is very easy to clean and wont absorb chemicals or paint in case of a spill. Metal shelves may have black or powder-coated protective finishes to resist rust and damage.
While solid metal shelves are useful for heavy-duty equipment, wire shelves offer the strength of metal without the weight. Theyre typically made of steel or chrome mesh, a surface of connected metal strands that form a sturdy grid, web, or net. These shelves are ideal for paint cans, tools, bins, and boxes. Just make sure any smaller items, such as loose nails and screws, are inside larger containers before storing on wire shelves so they wont fall through the gaps.
Solid metal shelves are often found in freestanding units, as they can be quite heavy to fix directly to the wall. Wire shelves can be freestanding or they can mount to walls and ceilings.
Read Also: Garage Door Extension Springs Color Code
What Are The Different Options For Garage Shelving
There are countless options for garage organization, so you might feel overwhelmed with all the choices. But we can help you pick the right garage shelving unit to suit your needs.
You can DIY everything from a sleek complete garage storage shelving set with built-in storage cabinets and a workspace or a simple pegboard set up for tools. Maybe you just want a few steel rolling carts to free up space. Or perhaps you’d like everything in bins for easy access. You can mix and match different shelving solutions to create your dream garage storage space.
Here are some pros and cons of different garage storage shelves we offer at Sam’s Club:
Husky Black Heavy Duty Industrial Welded Steel Garage Shelving Unit
Husky five-Tier Heavy Duty Industrial Welded Steel Garage Storage Shelving Unit in Black $39900 Husky eight-Piece Heavy Duty Welded Steel Garage Storage System in Black $266249 $3549.Ninety nine Save $887.50
DEWALT four-Foot Tall, 3 Shelf Steel Wire Deck Industrial Storage Rack, Adjustable for Custom Workshop/Garage Storage Solutions, Total Capacity: 4,500 lbs. 894 7 offers from $229.98 Muscle Rack UR482472WD5-R five-Shelf Steel Shelving Unit, forty eight” Width x seventy two” Height x 24″ Length, Red 473 18 offers from $152.90
Husky four-Tier Heavy Duty Industrial Welded Steel Garage Storage Shelving Unit in Black $349.00 HDX 27 Gal. Tough Storage Tote in Black with Yellow Lid $15.98 Product Overview You can collect this heavy-responsibility metal shelving unit vertically as shelves or horizontally as a workbench.
This object: Husky 65 in. W x 54 in. H x 24 in. D three-Shelf Welded Steel Garage Storage Shelving Unit with Wire Deck in Black $500.00 Shelf Liners for Wire Shelf Liner Set of 4 Frosted Clear $49.Ninety nine Honey-Can-Do Shelving Unit $sixty three.Eighty five Husky 77 in. W x 78 in. H x 24 in. D Steel Commercial Shelving Unit forty five 17 offers from $394.10
This item: five-Tier Heavy Duty Industrial Welded Steel Garage Storage Shelving Unit in Red $297.10 Husky5-Tier Heavy Duty Steel Garage Storage Shelving Unit in Red $199.00 HDX27 Gal. Tough Storage Tote in Black with Yellow Lid $15.Ninety eight
Results 1 forty eight of 86.
Also Check: Garage Door Side Weather Stripping